Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 14 Fans

962 audio Reviews with Responses

Above The Clouds Above The Clouds

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars November 16, 2013

Well, it's nice to see a track in the audio portal that breaks the 7 minutes barrier. I like longer songs a lot better than shorter ones. :)
I also like the melody and the rhythm here, it's very catchy and I think it will be stuck in my head for a day or two. It also reminds me of some other songs, even though I cannot put my finger on where I might have heard a similar melody before.

My biggest complaint is the mixing/mastering. The bass is too heavy and some of the instruments are nearly drowned out because of that.

zanaelf responds:

Thank you very much for the commentry and advice, glad you enjoyed the track , Thank you ^_^

Your Superficial Your Superficial

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars September 12, 2013

The guitar sounds very nice here and I think you used some chords here that aren't used too often in a song. I might be wrong, though since I'm pretty much tone-deaf (not a good thing since I am playing the guitar myself... whoops ;) ).

Anyway, the production of the song isn't the best, to be honest. The guitar drowns out the voice most of the time, so I cannot make out the lyrics most of the time. So I still don't know if the title should actually read "You're superficial" or not. ^^

Overall, the song is nice, since the guitar sounds nice and you have a good voice. You just need to work on your recording skills.

polarpoole responds:

Thanks, man, I've been waiting for someone to scout me for MONTHS, I'd begun to doubt that it'd ever happen.

Project 24 Project 24

Rated 4 / 5 stars January 24, 2013

I like this one. The rhythm and the melody are pretty good. The beat does have a driving feel to it. Makes me want to start that damn game already, haha.

I also like that this loop keeps itself in the background. No annoying sounds or instruments. So it doesn't distract me from what I am doing. But I still get to listen to a nicely done loop at the same time.

Good work!

Rinileki14 responds:

Nice! :) I have several more songs that are kind of like this but better, I just need to find the time to get them finished. Thanks a lot!

Lights In The Dark Lights In The Dark

Rated 5 / 5 stars January 3, 2013

Pretty cool song. I really like the melody here. It creates a very nice atmosphere. Too bad I can't listen to this any louder right now, because I think I'm missing out on some very cool background stuff. But I still want to get this review done, heh...

Anyway, I got reminded a bit of Radiohead's "Kid A", while listening to this. While your song isn't as "creepy" in atmosphere, I still think this song would fit nicely on that album.

Carr77 responds:

Thanks man! Getting compared with Radiohead makes me very happy! Thanks :3

Delusional Delusional

Rated 5 / 5 stars December 14, 2012

This is a good song. It sounds nice and calm in the beginning, but the longer it plays, the more "delusional" it becomes. There are other instruments in the background, that create some sort of eerie atmosphere. Sometimes I think there are even some disharmonics in this song, which only amplify this "strange" atmosphere.

A very nice track!

dagys responds:

Thanks for the review! Yes, I wanted to incorporate some "delusional" aspects to the song, so I changed the pace of the song early on to keep it interesting. Not the greatest song in my opinion, but I like the groove of it myself!

Needs a name Needs a name

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars December 4, 2012

It's a good song. I like the progression from the slow intro to the more fast paced middle part. And yes, you are right: You need a better transition for the outro. :P

Anyway, I like the main instrument you used here. It has a very nice sound and creates a good atmosphere.

Some drums sure would be nice.

shrimpchris responds:

Thanks for the review. I would've preffered something more constructive, but I really appreciate it none the less. :3

Many Farm Many Farm

Rated 4 / 5 stars December 4, 2012

Pretty good song. I like the upbeat tempo here a lot. It creates a very good and "energetic" atmosphere, just like you would expect a song to sound like, if it was supposed to be a song that is played during battles.

But this song can also be used during other occasions. It's that kind of song that motivates you to get some stuff done, so I guess it would also work well as "world map music", heh.

The slower parts of the song fit in quite well. They give the listener some time to rest, before he has to get up again and get things done. ;)

LyingPink responds:

Thanks for the review, Haggard. Glad you got the vibe I was going for!

Mad World *Cover* Mad World *Cover*

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars December 4, 2012

This is a very hard cover to do. Why? Because in my opinion, the Gary Jules version of "Mad World" is already perfect.

But this doesn't mean that you version is bad. I like the vocals here a lot. I also like the vocal overdubs, they fit in pretty nice with the song. I think you should try to replace the electric guitar here, because it kind of destroys the sad atmosphere you create with the vocals.

KissKillTV responds:

Thank you. I really appreciate the input.

Spilled Ink #1 Spilled Ink #1

Rated 5 / 5 stars November 4, 2012

"HOW DARE YOU PICK ON THE FANTASTIC FOUR????" Now that I got this off my chest, let's continue with the actual review:

Wow, this is one of the most original things I have ever heard on Newgrounds. This is a very interesting concept and you present your little show very well. When this startet, I was thinking this was going to be some sort of parody of late night shows like David Letterman. And this got me thinking, that you could easily turn this show into some sort of "late night show", bringing in different "guests" (voiced by yourself), some (fake) audience sounds... could be really cool.

Or you just leave the show as it is now, because actually it is really interesting.

ecopper12 responds:

That's actually a pretty cool idea! I might use that in another show, but for right now, this formula is fairly easy and allows me to put my own thoughts out there easier.

Thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it!

The Black Island The Black Island

Rated 5 / 5 stars November 4, 2012

Too bad this is so short. Because this piece is just awesome. And it fits perfectly to the single panel you linked to in the comment section. I really would like to read the whole comic with your music in the background. :)

So, if you ever have too much time on your hands... why not try to put a Tintin comic into a flash, and composing the music for it? ^^

SilentTakedown responds:

I am actually not that big a fan of Tintin - at least it was not a big part of my childhood. Nonetheless I am glad you like it.
Thanks for the review!