All 1,536 audio Reviews

Jesterous Jesterous

When this track started I thought that this sounds more like some *Core than Heavy Metal. But don't get mad! :P
It's actually a damn good song, with very nice riffs and a lot of diversity. I think it's hard to write instrumental songs that don't repeat themselves too often. But you had a lot of good stuff going on here, which surprisingly does fit together very well.

I also liked that little effect you used around the 1:30 mark. Also, the drums after that part are just AWESOME!

Coven Girls Remix MF v HZ Coven Girls Remix MF v HZ

Expected something different when I read "General Rock" as the genre, heh. The voice does sound nice, but the singing style is just not my cup of tea. It's what I hear when I turn on the radio... and when I hear it, I turn the radio off again, haha.

Anyway, the solo is very good. It fits perfectly to the atmosphere that is set during the first few seconds of this snippet. Too bad the snippet is so short, though, would've liked to hear more guitar work, heh.

Current Project Current Project

I tried recording a few things with my Rocksmith cable (plugged into a Boss GT-3 board) as well, but the quality just doesn't seem to be that great overall with this set-up.

Anyway, the riff itself is pretty cool and it's played in a very clean way, which is important when you play Rock music (nothing sounds worse than sloppy played riffs!). Maybe you could try to add a drum track to this, it might improve the piece a bit.

I like the effect you put on your guitar, it gives the whole thing a much "deeper" sound, as if there where two guitars playing at the same time.

Insomnimatic responds:

Thank you very much for the response and the stars! Woah, did not expect that.

Actually, there is no effect that makes it sound like there are two guitars. I made two different tracks, made one about 70% right, the other about 70% left and each of those are different recordings just played almost the same.

I will try to add a drum track to it when I am able to and I'm not sure when that will be. I'll make sure it's posted when I do.

Above The Clouds Above The Clouds

Well, it's nice to see a track in the audio portal that breaks the 7 minutes barrier. I like longer songs a lot better than shorter ones. :)
I also like the melody and the rhythm here, it's very catchy and I think it will be stuck in my head for a day or two. It also reminds me of some other songs, even though I cannot put my finger on where I might have heard a similar melody before.

My biggest complaint is the mixing/mastering. The bass is too heavy and some of the instruments are nearly drowned out because of that.

zanaelf responds:

Thank you very much for the commentry and advice, glad you enjoyed the track , Thank you ^_^

Your Superficial Your Superficial

The guitar sounds very nice here and I think you used some chords here that aren't used too often in a song. I might be wrong, though since I'm pretty much tone-deaf (not a good thing since I am playing the guitar myself... whoops ;) ).

Anyway, the production of the song isn't the best, to be honest. The guitar drowns out the voice most of the time, so I cannot make out the lyrics most of the time. So I still don't know if the title should actually read "You're superficial" or not. ^^

Overall, the song is nice, since the guitar sounds nice and you have a good voice. You just need to work on your recording skills.

polarpoole responds:

Thanks, man, I've been waiting for someone to scout me for MONTHS, I'd begun to doubt that it'd ever happen.

Cross Dimensions Cross Dimensions

Well, it IS an interesting idea, and kind of reminds me of the infamous Green Jell├┐-song "Three little pigs". But I have to say that the rap parts really don't sound too good. It seems like the timing is way off on those parts and the spoken words over the heavy guitars don't sound too good either.

But the production quality of this song is pretty good and the guitar parts sound pretty cool as well.

So yeah, I have mixed feelings about this song. Good production quality, but overall it's badly pulled off.

Project 24 Project 24

I like this one. The rhythm and the melody are pretty good. The beat does have a driving feel to it. Makes me want to start that damn game already, haha.

I also like that this loop keeps itself in the background. No annoying sounds or instruments. So it doesn't distract me from what I am doing. But I still get to listen to a nicely done loop at the same time.

Good work!

Rinileki14 responds:

Nice! :) I have several more songs that are kind of like this but better, I just need to find the time to get them finished. Thanks a lot!

Lights In The Dark Lights In The Dark

Pretty cool song. I really like the melody here. It creates a very nice atmosphere. Too bad I can't listen to this any louder right now, because I think I'm missing out on some very cool background stuff. But I still want to get this review done, heh...

Anyway, I got reminded a bit of Radiohead's "Kid A", while listening to this. While your song isn't as "creepy" in atmosphere, I still think this song would fit nicely on that album.

Carr77 responds:

Thanks man! Getting compared with Radiohead makes me very happy! Thanks :3

Delusional Delusional

This is a good song. It sounds nice and calm in the beginning, but the longer it plays, the more "delusional" it becomes. There are other instruments in the background, that create some sort of eerie atmosphere. Sometimes I think there are even some disharmonics in this song, which only amplify this "strange" atmosphere.

A very nice track!

dagys responds:

Thanks for the review! Yes, I wanted to incorporate some "delusional" aspects to the song, so I changed the pace of the song early on to keep it interesting. Not the greatest song in my opinion, but I like the groove of it myself!

Needs a name Needs a name

It's a good song. I like the progression from the slow intro to the more fast paced middle part. And yes, you are right: You need a better transition for the outro. :P

Anyway, I like the main instrument you used here. It has a very nice sound and creates a good atmosphere.

Some drums sure would be nice.

shrimpchris responds:

Thanks for the review. I would've preffered something more constructive, but I really appreciate it none the less. :3