View Profile Haggard

508 Movie Reviews

Absolutely spot on. I don't have a cat myself but some of my friends do. And it seems to be EXACTLY like this. Great animation, too. Amazing what you can do with such "reduced" art. Don't get me wrong, the art is good, too. But I mean, the guy is only a stick figure and yet the animation looks so realistic. Pretty cool.

The voice acting is spot on as well. Great work, I really enjoyed it!

Pretty good movie, nice art style. The music fits good as well. The subtitles are a double-edged sword, I think. On the one hand, they make this seem like one of the old silent films. On the other hand, silent films didn't use subtitles but intertitles. Maybe if you could use intertitles as well, this would give this movie a very unique feature (can't think of any flash right now that would really try to act like a silent film right now).

Another possiblity would be to use voice actors, but good voice actors can be hard to find.

Overall, a good movie and a deserved daily 5th,

cecameron responds:

Thanks so much! I'd love to look into voice actors, in the future.

Very good progression shown here. Shows that you don't draw the "final product" right away but have to work for it to look good. I think many beginners don't know that.

The walking cycle is also pretty good. We can clearly distinct the leg in front and the one in the back, and BOTH move forward, rather than both legs being on the same layer and the walking cycle looking as if only one leg moves forward.

Also, I like that you included Radiohead's "National Anthem". Made me dig out Kid A again, and I'm listening to it right now as I write this review. :D

238 Game Reviews

Fun little quiz. It's amazing how much I still know about release dates (especially US release dates, since I'm not from the US) and what the codenames for older consoles where.

I only got 40%, but for some questions I simply had to guess, and most of the time I guessed wrong.

Cool story, bro!

Seriously, though. I like the artwork very much and the humouros tone throughout the game. Idling a new game: "that was hard work", seeing stats: "Like I really care", getting a reward "I knew I had talent". Funny.

Of course, I only played... um... idled this for the medals (the 250 games without auto mode WAS hard work!), but I'm glad they look so nice, too. Only 2 more medals to go. Well, off to eat lunch now, hopefully I'll have the medals when I get back. ;)

One of the best idle games I played (or rather "idled") so far. It's pretty addictive and can be educational, too.

I like that there's so much to do here. Buying upgrades, selling molecules, evolving, gathering knowledge... it keeps the game interesting.

There's still a bug in the upgrades section, though: I cannot chose a different element to use for buying upgrades. The combo box is there, but whatever molecule I chose, the box ends up empty and the amount stays the same (indicating that it didn't change). It's a bit annoying when trying to farm molecules for the knowledge section.

1,422 Audio Reviews

It's really amazing how songs can sound differently even though they basically are the same. This really isn't that much different from 2.6. It still has the same catchy melody and same song progression, but it still sounds like a completly new song due to the use of different instruments and different mixing.

I like the outro a lot better here, though. I think the "slowing down" is very well done, and I've always liked it when the final notes ring out. :D

IoTheEternal responds:

Yeah it's weird - there are elements I like in this one I don'e like in the other and vice versa. I plan to combine them together and maybe it'll result in a more complete mix. And yeah well I became a master of having the song be the same but have it sound different due to mixing and instruments..

thanks for the review!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

I'll be honest, trance really isn't my type of music, so I know next to nothing about this genre. So I won't and can't go into detail here about the song writing, because I don't know anything about writing trance music. With that out of the way, on with the review.

I really like the build up of the song. Every new element of the song is added slowly, so one can really get into it. I always liked that in music, it gives you more time to get a feel for a song.
I also like the melody here. It's a tad bit too much in the background for my liking, but it's pretty catchy nevertheless. It also creates a very upbeat feeling. The right melody to start a monday morning, heh.

I think the song ends a bit too quickly. After the slow build up I kind of wished it would also end with a slow build down. But that's just a really minor nitpick from my end. Great work!

IoTheEternal responds:

Thanks man -yeah I'd def. change more elements if I went back - also onec I combined 2.6 with 2.5 I think some elements I liked in one that weren't in the other will sorta balance out.

I agree with you on the ending though.

thanks for the review!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

When this track started I thought that this sounds more like some *Core than Heavy Metal. But don't get mad! :P
It's actually a damn good song, with very nice riffs and a lot of diversity. I think it's hard to write instrumental songs that don't repeat themselves too often. But you had a lot of good stuff going on here, which surprisingly does fit together very well.

I also liked that little effect you used around the 1:30 mark. Also, the drums after that part are just AWESOME!

175 Art Reviews

Things you should look into:

One of the shadows has to go. I'd say, the "first" shadow (the one, that is as big as the character). The other one, where we can see her a bit bigger in the background is ok. But two shadows is too much.

The character's name should not be hidden by the character. Especially, since the black shape at the bottom is in front of the characters legs, the name is in front of the black shape, but the letters are behind the characters legs? That doesn't work out.

The anatomy is a bit off. Her waist is too slim, especially since her hips seem to be quite big.

Things that I like:

The yellow/orange background looks good. It brings some colour into the image and the bright colours work really well here.

The bose Clarice strikes looks good to me. But I think the smoke should be coming from the other gun... but that's just a minor thing. The gun hin her left hand smoking is just as well.

The character itself looks interesting. Maybe a bit clichéd, but much more interesting than yet another "halo like" soldier, etc.

Overall, this piece needs more work, but you are on a good way.

KiwiSundae responds:

Thank you for your feedback. It's very much appreciated.

It looks quite cool. At first I thought the image of the character was just mirrored, but then I noticed some minor details are different between the left and the right half.

Also, the background is very good. I like, how you notice more and more stuff the longer you look at it. Some of those lines seem to be pretty random at first, but then after a while you notice a pattern... and then, there's suddendly something you didn't even saw before. Very cool stuff.

Celx-Requin responds:

Thanks man!
- Celx

A nice young lady sitting on a rock in the ocean. I wonder how she got there? The shoes she's wearing don't look like she could go rock climbing with them, heh.

Anyway, I like the clouds in the background. They look very realistic. Maybe it's because they are in fact real? It's hard to tell, and that's what I like. Nothing worse if you add a real picture to a drawing and then anybody can tell instantly that it is a real picture... anyway, the rest of the background is a bit lacking. I would like it better if we could see an island or maybe a beach in the background. This would also explain how the nice young lady could reach the rock with those shoes. ;)

DragonPunch responds:

Well, you do have a point...Perhaps some time in the future, I can work on another character in the same setting.

There are 10 types of people. Those that understand hexadecimal and F other people.

37, Male