View Profile Haggard

504 Movie Reviews

Too bad the review was deleted. I really (I mean "reley") would love to rate it as "Very helpful". Haven't laughed so hard in ages. Thanks, man!

Absolutely spot on. I don't have a cat myself but some of my friends do. And it seems to be EXACTLY like this. Great animation, too. Amazing what you can do with such "reduced" art. Don't get me wrong, the art is good, too. But I mean, the guy is only a stick figure and yet the animation looks so realistic. Pretty cool.

The voice acting is spot on as well. Great work, I really enjoyed it!

Pretty good movie, nice art style. The music fits good as well. The subtitles are a double-edged sword, I think. On the one hand, they make this seem like one of the old silent films. On the other hand, silent films didn't use subtitles but intertitles. Maybe if you could use intertitles as well, this would give this movie a very unique feature (can't think of any flash right now that would really try to act like a silent film right now).

Another possiblity would be to use voice actors, but good voice actors can be hard to find.

Overall, a good movie and a deserved daily 5th,

cecameron responds:

Thanks so much! I'd love to look into voice actors, in the future.

238 Game Reviews

All medals got. Yay for medals! Also, I nominated the "People who Hate Shit" thread for worst thread of the year, and it won. @GoryBlizzard should thank me for recieving a shitty award!

Little-Rena responds:

He'd love that!

Simple but very effective presentation. Substance over graphics, or so they say. The tutorial is helpful and the difficulty rises in a doable manner. I also liked that the game instantly tells you when you are stuck, and how you can restart the game. It's just a very minor thing, but I like it anyway.
As a bonus, the music is calm and collected, which is a good thing, since it doesn't distract from thinking about how to solve the puzzles.

Fun little quiz. It's amazing how much I still know about release dates (especially US release dates, since I'm not from the US) and what the codenames for older consoles where.

I only got 40%, but for some questions I simply had to guess, and most of the time I guessed wrong.

1,408 Audio Reviews

I'm really sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through right now.

My wife and I had to deal with 3 miscarriages, but all of them happened within the first few weeks of pregnancy. So while it's still a huge pain we went through I think it's nothing compared to having a stillborn baby and a baby funeral to deal with.

About the large meal after a funeral, we do that too in Germany. It's called Leichenschmaus (literally "corpse feast").

VariantSeven responds:

Thank you ❤ Miscarriages are very hard too, so I'm sorry for your loss as well.

Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of man who does not exist.

Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

When this track started I thought that this sounds more like some *Core than Heavy Metal. But don't get mad! :P
It's actually a damn good song, with very nice riffs and a lot of diversity. I think it's hard to write instrumental songs that don't repeat themselves too often. But you had a lot of good stuff going on here, which surprisingly does fit together very well.

I also liked that little effect you used around the 1:30 mark. Also, the drums after that part are just AWESOME!

172 Art Reviews

Things you should look into:

One of the shadows has to go. I'd say, the "first" shadow (the one, that is as big as the character). The other one, where we can see her a bit bigger in the background is ok. But two shadows is too much.

The character's name should not be hidden by the character. Especially, since the black shape at the bottom is in front of the characters legs, the name is in front of the black shape, but the letters are behind the characters legs? That doesn't work out.

The anatomy is a bit off. Her waist is too slim, especially since her hips seem to be quite big.

Things that I like:

The yellow/orange background looks good. It brings some colour into the image and the bright colours work really well here.

The bose Clarice strikes looks good to me. But I think the smoke should be coming from the other gun... but that's just a minor thing. The gun hin her left hand smoking is just as well.

The character itself looks interesting. Maybe a bit clichéd, but much more interesting than yet another "halo like" soldier, etc.

Overall, this piece needs more work, but you are on a good way.

KiwiSundae responds:

Thank you for your feedback. It's very much appreciated.

It looks quite cool. At first I thought the image of the character was just mirrored, but then I noticed some minor details are different between the left and the right half.

Also, the background is very good. I like, how you notice more and more stuff the longer you look at it. Some of those lines seem to be pretty random at first, but then after a while you notice a pattern... and then, there's suddendly something you didn't even saw before. Very cool stuff.

Celx-Requin responds:

Thanks man!
- Celx

A nice young lady sitting on a rock in the ocean. I wonder how she got there? The shoes she's wearing don't look like she could go rock climbing with them, heh.

Anyway, I like the clouds in the background. They look very realistic. Maybe it's because they are in fact real? It's hard to tell, and that's what I like. Nothing worse if you add a real picture to a drawing and then anybody can tell instantly that it is a real picture... anyway, the rest of the background is a bit lacking. I would like it better if we could see an island or maybe a beach in the background. This would also explain how the nice young lady could reach the rock with those shoes. ;)

DragonPunch responds:

Well, you do have a point...Perhaps some time in the future, I can work on another character in the same setting.

There are 10 types of people. Those that understand hexadecimal and F other people.

40, Male