Be a Supporter!

HaggardHaggard

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 15 Fans

All 1,006 flash Reviews

Hhecf14rotpohiltswalc Hhecf14rotpohiltswalc

The intro is pulled off in a very epic way, nice choice of music there. The intro somehow reminds me of Civilization IV (or similar games). The flashback part ("Last time on...") offered a good narrating voice. I honestly wouldn't have expected that in a clock movie, heh. Speaking of the voices: It's strange to hear actual voices in a clock related flash. But sadly not all of the actual voices sounded good. Some had pretty annoying static noises.

Anyway, while this is a spammy looking flash, it actually contains some very nice content. The "Game scene" a bit dragged out (yeah, but that was the whole point, wasn't it?). It was a nice idea with adding the games there, anyway.

BB10 clock really looked like Mr. Bump to me, haha (what do you mean "Who is this 'Mr. Bump' you're speaking of"?? Google him, goddammit!).

Sometimes it's a bit hard to follow the flash, as the narration switches between real voices, computer voices and plain text on the screen. Together with the length of the flash, this can be really hard for the concentration of the viewers.

Overall, this is a damn good flash!

Leursen in the Library Leursen in the Library

This is rather short, but it's still pulled off very nicely. The voice acting is pretty good in this one. Both characters have very distinctive voices, which is always a huge plus.
The graphics are done in a comical style, but it fits very good to the content. The "snakey" Ms. Leursen would've just looked silly in a realistical drawing style.

I think the lip syncing works pretty good here. Sometimes one can notice the mouth still moving for a fraction of a second after the character has stopped talking, but it's not something to lose sleep over. It works good the way it is now.

Last but not least, the flash itself is quite funny. Nothing too new here, but as I've said before: It's pulled off nicely and that's what counts!

Aqlex responds:

Thanks for the review, Review Request Club! I'm glad the entire piece comes together well, despite not containing anything particularly new. That mouth moving a fraction of a second after the character has stopped talking thing is actually something I was doing on purpose (giving the mouth a moment to return to a non-moving position), but you mentioning it is making me reconsider it, since it is not really the way our mouths work when we speak. Food for thought! Thanks again for the review!

Addicktion Addicktion

Starts out like an every day event, but spirals down to a psycho drama of epic propotions.

The drawings are pretty good here, as is the voice acting. The only thing that I can really critizise here is the very short length. Just when the story really is about to start, the flash ends. I would've liked to see a few more scenes. Maybe show Mr. Smith how he keeps drawing penises all over the walls, or show him in a mental hospital... just add something more to give this story some sort of conclusion.

Markface responds:

Probably would have had I not been so busy.

And by busy I mean lazy. ;)

Remembered - Jordan Allen Remembered - Jordan Allen

This is a really good song. Very catch refrain and a very good voice (the voice remembers me of some other -quite famous- singer... but I can't remember the name right now. Bummer :( ).
The production quality is amazing as well. Every instrument can be heard just fine and even the drums don't drown out the voice. Whoever mastered this song seems to be a master of his trade.

The animations are all right. I like that you included the lyrics in such a way and that you also varied how the lyrics appear on the screen.
The graphics could use some work. Everything looks a bit rough. The graphics work for the frat boys at the beginning and the end of the video, as it underlines the "fratboyism" of the characters presented. But I think during the main part of the song, better looking graphics would help a lot. The main character would be working his way up, from singing for frat boys to singing in stadiums all around the world. This could be underlined by a change of graphical style (kind of like how dream sequences in movies are shot in a different style than the rest of the film). At the end, the main character would then "wake up" in the cruel reality of a frat house, where no one is listening to that weird guy on the stage.

UMoN- Pandas UMoN- Pandas

One low-res painting of a Panda Bear and a difficult to understand voice with a heavily exaggerated accent. I couldn't even make out half of the words, because it was also awfully quiet. Something about Pandas being radioactive and gassy? Well... I'm afraid we don't share the same taste in humour. :(

ForNoReason responds:

Thanks for the review!

Pikmin Tree Pikmin Tree

That's the second time in one week I see a parody/homamge for Pikmin. Strange, since I never even heard of the game before (hey, my last Nintendo console is the SNES!). Since I don't know anything about the game I cannot compare this animation to the game or the franchise.

Anyway, the animations are pretty good here and you put a lot of effort into the graphics. While they seem a bit rough here and there, I appreciate the effort you put into drawing the scenes with various characters and also with different backgrounds in the single scenes.
You also put in some of the original music (I know that because I read the credits ;) ), which is always a nice touch. Nothin could be worse than a hommage that uses a completely different musical score.

I also like the small jokes you put in here, like the blue guy getting knocked over and landing face first in a puddle. The punchline at the end was nice too, but since I don't know anything about the games I might not find it as funny as someone who does know the games.

I didn't like the transitions between the scenes. The fadeouts where a bit too long for my liking.

{Review Request Club }

artistunknown responds:

It sounds like all my effort paid off. I really did put a lot of work into this, and I'm glad all the little details and jokes were noticed. Looks like i still need to work on my line quality and transitions a bit. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the review!

HAPPY CLOCKDAY 2006!1! HAPPY CLOCKDAY 2006!1!

Review #1000. YAY!

Wow, this reminds me a lot of my own Clock Day Submissions. You clearly have been stealing from me! SHAME ON YOU!

Anyway, happy and very belated Clock Day 2011.

{ Review Requst Club }

FMTS: Episode 2 FMTS: Episode 2

I think this turned out better than the first episode. The voice acting is even better than in the first one, and now you also have some better animations. The quality of the flash is still poor, so you still have a lot of work to do. But you are improving and that's what counts in my book.

The sexual jokes may not be to everyones liking, but it's just a fact that we can't all have the same sense of humour.

Overall, some improvement compared to the first episode, but you still have a long way to go.

artistunknown responds:

I'm glad that things seemed better in this episode, I always thought it was better. The main reason for the poor quality of things is because the program I used was so limited. I actually switch over to flash in episode 4 so things get a little better then. And I get what you're saying about the jokes. Some people like them, most people hate them. I still like them, but I've grown a bit since this and I tend to not have a lot of sexual jokes in my stuff now. Thanks for the review and I hope you watch/review the others as well!

FMTS: Episode 1 FMTS: Episode 1

Well, what can I say. The quality of this is poor, and you know that already. In fact, it is so poor that I couldn't even watch it to the end. Also, the animations plainly suck... but you know that too.

But if I look past bad quality and poor animations, I see a flash that I would consider at least decent. Maybe not Front Page material, but I've seen far worse submissions than this one. What I like the most here is the voice acting. The voices are pretty clear and everything can be understood just fine. Another plus point is, that you have different voices (ie voice actors) for the characters. This helps a lot to get who is saying what. Another good thing is that you put sound effects into the flash.

So, overall the animations and the quality are bad, but the rest is good. I hope that you can put the animations and quality problems behind you in future episodes.

artistunknown responds:

Don't worry, the animation gets a lot better starting the 4th episode, and is actually pretty decent in the 5th. I'm still working on the 6th episode and since then I have learned so much more about animation. Thanks for the review!

William, I'm Coming Home William, I'm Coming Home

Well, I have to admit that I didn't follow this series too closely in the past few months, so I only get about half of what is going on here.

But I think it's amazing that you managed to keep this series running for so long. It's also amazing to see how much the quality has improved from the first episodes. The graphics are much better now, much more clear. And you also found a very distinctive drawing style. When I see the preview image in the flash portal or on the forums, then I don't even have to read the title or the author name to know that it's another "MistyEntertainment" flash. I think this pretty cool.

This flash is a pretty good music video. You chose a nice song for this one. It fits the story of the flash perfectly. And you also did some pretty good scenes for this as well. Showing all the emotions the former king is going through, how he is sad at first, but learns to enjoy life later on... but then decides that it's best to go back.

Overall: Very enjoyable flash and a nice song as well.

MistyEntertainment responds:

Thank you for the in-depth review. I'm glad you liked it.