Be a Supporter!

Main News Movies Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 14 Fans

All 1,004 flash Reviews

Addicktion Addicktion

Rated 3.5 / 5 stars 1 day ago

Starts out like an every day event, but spirals down to a psycho drama of epic propotions.

The drawings are pretty good here, as is the voice acting. The only thing that I can really critizise here is the very short length. Just when the story really is about to start, the flash ends. I would've liked to see a few more scenes. Maybe show Mr. Smith how he keeps drawing penises all over the walls, or show him in a mental hospital... just add something more to give this story some sort of conclusion.

Markface responds:

Probably would have had I not been so busy.

And by busy I mean lazy. ;)

Remembered - Jordan Allen Remembered - Jordan Allen

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 16, 2014

This is a really good song. Very catch refrain and a very good voice (the voice remembers me of some other -quite famous- singer... but I can't remember the name right now. Bummer :( ).
The production quality is amazing as well. Every instrument can be heard just fine and even the drums don't drown out the voice. Whoever mastered this song seems to be a master of his trade.

The animations are all right. I like that you included the lyrics in such a way and that you also varied how the lyrics appear on the screen.
The graphics could use some work. Everything looks a bit rough. The graphics work for the frat boys at the beginning and the end of the video, as it underlines the "fratboyism" of the characters presented. But I think during the main part of the song, better looking graphics would help a lot. The main character would be working his way up, from singing for frat boys to singing in stadiums all around the world. This could be underlined by a change of graphical style (kind of like how dream sequences in movies are shot in a different style than the rest of the film). At the end, the main character would then "wake up" in the cruel reality of a frat house, where no one is listening to that weird guy on the stage.

UMoN- Pandas UMoN- Pandas

Rated 2 / 5 stars March 5, 2014

One low-res painting of a Panda Bear and a difficult to understand voice with a heavily exaggerated accent. I couldn't even make out half of the words, because it was also awfully quiet. Something about Pandas being radioactive and gassy? Well... I'm afraid we don't share the same taste in humour. :(

ForNoReason responds:

Thanks for the review!

Pikmin Tree Pikmin Tree

Rated 4 / 5 stars November 16, 2013

That's the second time in one week I see a parody/homamge for Pikmin. Strange, since I never even heard of the game before (hey, my last Nintendo console is the SNES!). Since I don't know anything about the game I cannot compare this animation to the game or the franchise.

Anyway, the animations are pretty good here and you put a lot of effort into the graphics. While they seem a bit rough here and there, I appreciate the effort you put into drawing the scenes with various characters and also with different backgrounds in the single scenes.
You also put in some of the original music (I know that because I read the credits ;) ), which is always a nice touch. Nothin could be worse than a hommage that uses a completely different musical score.

I also like the small jokes you put in here, like the blue guy getting knocked over and landing face first in a puddle. The punchline at the end was nice too, but since I don't know anything about the games I might not find it as funny as someone who does know the games.

I didn't like the transitions between the scenes. The fadeouts where a bit too long for my liking.

{Review Request Club }

artistunknown responds:

It sounds like all my effort paid off. I really did put a lot of work into this, and I'm glad all the little details and jokes were noticed. Looks like i still need to work on my line quality and transitions a bit. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the review!

HAPPY CLOCKDAY 2006!1! HAPPY CLOCKDAY 2006!1!

Rated 5 / 5 stars July 18, 2013

Review #1000. YAY!

Wow, this reminds me a lot of my own Clock Day Submissions. You clearly have been stealing from me! SHAME ON YOU!

Anyway, happy and very belated Clock Day 2011.

{ Review Requst Club }

FMTS: Episode 2 FMTS: Episode 2

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars July 18, 2013

I think this turned out better than the first episode. The voice acting is even better than in the first one, and now you also have some better animations. The quality of the flash is still poor, so you still have a lot of work to do. But you are improving and that's what counts in my book.

The sexual jokes may not be to everyones liking, but it's just a fact that we can't all have the same sense of humour.

Overall, some improvement compared to the first episode, but you still have a long way to go.

artistunknown responds:

I'm glad that things seemed better in this episode, I always thought it was better. The main reason for the poor quality of things is because the program I used was so limited. I actually switch over to flash in episode 4 so things get a little better then. And I get what you're saying about the jokes. Some people like them, most people hate them. I still like them, but I've grown a bit since this and I tend to not have a lot of sexual jokes in my stuff now. Thanks for the review and I hope you watch/review the others as well!

FMTS: Episode 1 FMTS: Episode 1

Rated 2 / 5 stars July 18, 2013

Well, what can I say. The quality of this is poor, and you know that already. In fact, it is so poor that I couldn't even watch it to the end. Also, the animations plainly suck... but you know that too.

But if I look past bad quality and poor animations, I see a flash that I would consider at least decent. Maybe not Front Page material, but I've seen far worse submissions than this one. What I like the most here is the voice acting. The voices are pretty clear and everything can be understood just fine. Another plus point is, that you have different voices (ie voice actors) for the characters. This helps a lot to get who is saying what. Another good thing is that you put sound effects into the flash.

So, overall the animations and the quality are bad, but the rest is good. I hope that you can put the animations and quality problems behind you in future episodes.

artistunknown responds:

Don't worry, the animation gets a lot better starting the 4th episode, and is actually pretty decent in the 5th. I'm still working on the 6th episode and since then I have learned so much more about animation. Thanks for the review!

William, I'm Coming Home William, I'm Coming Home

Rated 4 / 5 stars June 20, 2013

Well, I have to admit that I didn't follow this series too closely in the past few months, so I only get about half of what is going on here.

But I think it's amazing that you managed to keep this series running for so long. It's also amazing to see how much the quality has improved from the first episodes. The graphics are much better now, much more clear. And you also found a very distinctive drawing style. When I see the preview image in the flash portal or on the forums, then I don't even have to read the title or the author name to know that it's another "MistyEntertainment" flash. I think this pretty cool.

This flash is a pretty good music video. You chose a nice song for this one. It fits the story of the flash perfectly. And you also did some pretty good scenes for this as well. Showing all the emotions the former king is going through, how he is sad at first, but learns to enjoy life later on... but then decides that it's best to go back.

Overall: Very enjoyable flash and a nice song as well.

MistyEntertainment responds:

Thank you for the in-depth review. I'm glad you liked it.

HowTheWildernessWhispers HowTheWildernessWhispers

Rated 4 / 5 stars May 15, 2013

Very interesting game. No real instructions, you just hit play and start playing. It's a bit unclear what to do at first, but after the first few deaths the objective becomes obvious. I like that you give no instructions at all here. Sure, tutorials are nice, but I'm really fed up with the "tutorial levels" where you get stopped by a text pop up every other minute.

The controls are nice and simple, just point and click. Maybe it's a bit too much of "trial and error" here, but it's the concept you chose for this game, and you stick to it, no matter what. And that's what I like.

I also give you points for the art. Everything looks a bit sloppy, but it also looks "hand drawn", which is pretty cool, imo.

The music just isn't my kind of thing, but at least you implemented a way to mute it. Another point for that. ;)

Overall: Interesting concept; nice art; not so good music, but it can be muted.

Brother & Sister Short 2 Brother & Sister Short 2

Rated 4 / 5 stars April 26, 2013

This is an entertaining flash. The background graphics are pretty good. The characters could use some more work, though. Even though they are not "badly drawn", they do look more like South Park characters... which would be ok, if you'd aim more for a South Park like cartoon. But judging from the content of this short, this isn't supposed to be like SP.

Anyway, the background noises are a good addition. They are not too loud so they drown out the voices of the main characters. But it's not too quiet either.

The voices sound a bit too thin and I think sometimes there are some static noises. But overall, the voice actors do a good job. Maybe all you need is a better mic.

Aqlex responds:

I am extremely influenced by South Park, and it's very clear that a lot of my work pays homage to it. BUT, at the same time, I consider my work to be a less... less crude version of South Park? One that is for a younger audience, and one that is more "real" than the somewhat insane world of South Park. So I definitely try to both be like South Park and different than South Park in the ways that you mentioned.

Thanks about the background noises, I definitely spent some time trying to get them to just the right levels.

About the voices, I've gotten new equipment since this episode was recorded, so I hope that my audio will already be improving!

Thanks for the review =)