All 1,011 flash Reviews

Walking T-Rex Walking T-Rex

Very good progression shown here. Shows that you don't draw the "final product" right away but have to work for it to look good. I think many beginners don't know that.

The walking cycle is also pretty good. We can clearly distinct the leg in front and the one in the back, and BOTH move forward, rather than both legs being on the same layer and the walking cycle looking as if only one leg moves forward.

Also, I like that you included Radiohead's "National Anthem". Made me dig out Kid A again, and I'm listening to it right now as I write this review. :D

Idle City Idle City

My oh my. Never thought I would see an integer overflow in real life. Hint: Try using unsigned values, because there's really no need for a signed one, right? Your money is never supposed to drop below zero, let alone the population.

Also, the game gets easy really quickly, I've started this one only an hour ago or so and am already at a point where I get constant int overflows in population and money. So there's really not much else to do for me here.

Ultra Trivia - Nintendo Ultra Trivia - Nintendo

Fun little quiz. It's amazing how much I still know about release dates (especially US release dates, since I'm not from the US) and what the codenames for older consoles where.

I only got 40%, but for some questions I simply had to guess, and most of the time I guessed wrong.

Super Idle Imagination Super Idle Imagination

Cool story, bro!

Seriously, though. I like the artwork very much and the humouros tone throughout the game. Idling a new game: "that was hard work", seeing stats: "Like I really care", getting a reward "I knew I had talent". Funny.

Of course, I only played... um... idled this for the medals (the 250 games without auto mode WAS hard work!), but I'm glad they look so nice, too. Only 2 more medals to go. Well, off to eat lunch now, hopefully I'll have the medals when I get back. ;)

Idle Evolution Idle Evolution

One of the best idle games I played (or rather "idled") so far. It's pretty addictive and can be educational, too.

I like that there's so much to do here. Buying upgrades, selling molecules, evolving, gathering knowledge... it keeps the game interesting.

There's still a bug in the upgrades section, though: I cannot chose a different element to use for buying upgrades. The combo box is there, but whatever molecule I chose, the box ends up empty and the amount stays the same (indicating that it didn't change). It's a bit annoying when trying to farm molecules for the knowledge section.

Idle Pro Gamer Idle Pro Gamer

Balancing is way off in this one. Upgrading the PC is too expensive, as the money only comes in very very slowly. It doesn't really help to upgrade the Video, since it too is a bit too expensive. 1 dollar for every 2000 "video clicks". It does take a lot of time to get the fanbase to at least 2000, so you get at least 1 dollar for every 6 seconds of waiting time, or so.

But still the PC is overly expensive. I will reach 20,000 XP to get to the level 4 games way before I can upgrade my PC to level 4, even if I just idle the game. Would be cool if you could lower the prices for the PC equipment a little bit.

Idle Dungeon Master Idle Dungeon Master

There seems to be a very nasty bug with the auto save. I built rooms up until the sleeping chambers and I accidentally closed my browser. After I reloaded the game the text box in the middle was gone.
I now can build and research new rooms, but nothing else happens. I started a new game on a different browser and now I see there are supposed to be buttons apearing (B, O, Save, Music Off).

#Escape: The Waiting Room #Escape: The Waiting Room

I am going through some of the games I played and did achieve some but not all medals. This was one of it. Since it was such a long time ago I played this game, this was a whole new experience for me.

The setting is simple, but still so enjoyable: You are trapped in a room and need to get out. Everything you need to escape can be found in this room. It's a bit like those old detective stories where a murder happens in a locked room and the detective has to figure out how the murder was done and how the murderer could escape.

I like the voice overs, they certainly add a little extra to the game and the voice also offers some hints, like "I can't read this without my glasses".

The medals also add some enjoyment to the game, but I too have to admit that I used the link to achieve most of them...

Anyway, nice little game. Not too hard but it does offer a bit of a challenge. After one has beaten the game for the first time the replay value is pretty high because of the medals.

Aprime responds:

Excellent! Glad you feel that way. Was enjoyable reading this review of yours. I'm happy you liked the voice over hints too! Interesting what you said about a murder scene, if you come up with a cool idea, I might make it :D

Craig the guesser V1 Craig the guesser V1

Picked the #1, computer guessed 2. I said "lower", computer guessed 2 again. I guess ( ;) ) you have a typical "off by one error" in the implementation. Or maybe it's a simple case of "guess_number <= upper_boundary" instead of "guess_number < upper_boundary".

jcmaxq111 responds:

That's odd, I was just able to get the computer to guess #1. I might have to sort some things out but thanks for the feedback!

Frantic Planes 2 Frantic Planes 2

Nice game with a steep difficulty curve. The first few levels are a breeze, but level 10+ become very challenging. Haven't been able to beat the last boss, because there's so much going on on the screen and the final special seems to be pretty useless (even though Iron Man appearing on the screen IS funny), especially since it blocks my view of the screen, so I cannot avoid the bullets anymore. :(

Just like CollectiveSin I encountered the "coin bug" where the coin counter wouldn't stop rising. Didn't affect my game too much, though, as I only had two upgrades left to buy.

Thoughts on how to improve this game:
- Change the specials, so they clear the screen from all enemies (except bosses). I found that the last special was pretty much useless, it didn't even kill the tanks on level 14 (and they are tough to get rid of otherwise!). Maybe even have the special remove all the coins from the screen, so the player has to decide if the tradoff "no coins - no enemies" is worth it or not.
- Introduce some graphic options. Would be nice to be able to turn off the "snow" effects, as they cause the game to lag a bit and there's already so much going on on the screen, it really is distracting the player
- Different music? I know there's the option to turn it off, but I think different kinds of music would be a nice little extra.

Overall, it's a good game. The medals are a good mix of easy to get and hard to get, which always offers a nice challenge.
The gameplay is simple enough, the controls are very responsive, the upgrade system is a nice little bonus.

Overall, I rate this 3,5 out of 5.

Frozennnn responds:

Hi thanks for the feedback hehe yes the money buy its a preformance bug that im trying to fix soon. Thanks for the feedback