Walking T-Rex Walking T-Rex

Very good progression shown here. Shows that you don't draw the "final product" right away but have to work for it to look good. I think many beginners don't know that.

The walking cycle is also pretty good. We can clearly distinct the leg in front and the one in the back, and BOTH move forward, rather than both legs being on the same layer and the walking cycle looking as if only one leg moves forward.

Also, I like that you included Radiohead's "National Anthem". Made me dig out Kid A again, and I'm listening to it right now as I write this review. :D

Hhecf14rotpohiltswalc Hhecf14rotpohiltswalc

The intro is pulled off in a very epic way, nice choice of music there. The intro somehow reminds me of Civilization IV (or similar games). The flashback part ("Last time on...") offered a good narrating voice. I honestly wouldn't have expected that in a clock movie, heh. Speaking of the voices: It's strange to hear actual voices in a clock related flash. But sadly not all of the actual voices sounded good. Some had pretty annoying static noises.

Anyway, while this is a spammy looking flash, it actually contains some very nice content. The "Game scene" a bit dragged out (yeah, but that was the whole point, wasn't it?). It was a nice idea with adding the games there, anyway.

BB10 clock really looked like Mr. Bump to me, haha (what do you mean "Who is this 'Mr. Bump' you're speaking of"?? Google him, goddammit!).

Sometimes it's a bit hard to follow the flash, as the narration switches between real voices, computer voices and plain text on the screen. Together with the length of the flash, this can be really hard for the concentration of the viewers.

Overall, this is a damn good flash!

Leursen in the Library Leursen in the Library

This is rather short, but it's still pulled off very nicely. The voice acting is pretty good in this one. Both characters have very distinctive voices, which is always a huge plus.
The graphics are done in a comical style, but it fits very good to the content. The "snakey" Ms. Leursen would've just looked silly in a realistical drawing style.

I think the lip syncing works pretty good here. Sometimes one can notice the mouth still moving for a fraction of a second after the character has stopped talking, but it's not something to lose sleep over. It works good the way it is now.

Last but not least, the flash itself is quite funny. Nothing too new here, but as I've said before: It's pulled off nicely and that's what counts!

Aqlex responds:

Thanks for the review, Review Request Club! I'm glad the entire piece comes together well, despite not containing anything particularly new. That mouth moving a fraction of a second after the character has stopped talking thing is actually something I was doing on purpose (giving the mouth a moment to return to a non-moving position), but you mentioning it is making me reconsider it, since it is not really the way our mouths work when we speak. Food for thought! Thanks again for the review!

Idle City Idle City

My oh my. Never thought I would see an integer overflow in real life. Hint: Try using unsigned values, because there's really no need for a signed one, right? Your money is never supposed to drop below zero, let alone the population.

Also, the game gets easy really quickly, I've started this one only an hour ago or so and am already at a point where I get constant int overflows in population and money. So there's really not much else to do for me here.

Ultra Trivia - Nintendo Ultra Trivia - Nintendo

Fun little quiz. It's amazing how much I still know about release dates (especially US release dates, since I'm not from the US) and what the codenames for older consoles where.

I only got 40%, but for some questions I simply had to guess, and most of the time I guessed wrong.

Super Idle Imagination Super Idle Imagination

Cool story, bro!

Seriously, though. I like the artwork very much and the humouros tone throughout the game. Idling a new game: "that was hard work", seeing stats: "Like I really care", getting a reward "I knew I had talent". Funny.

Of course, I only played... um... idled this for the medals (the 250 games without auto mode WAS hard work!), but I'm glad they look so nice, too. Only 2 more medals to go. Well, off to eat lunch now, hopefully I'll have the medals when I get back. ;)

Jesterous Jesterous

When this track started I thought that this sounds more like some *Core than Heavy Metal. But don't get mad! :P
It's actually a damn good song, with very nice riffs and a lot of diversity. I think it's hard to write instrumental songs that don't repeat themselves too often. But you had a lot of good stuff going on here, which surprisingly does fit together very well.

I also liked that little effect you used around the 1:30 mark. Also, the drums after that part are just AWESOME!

Coven Girls Remix MF v HZ Coven Girls Remix MF v HZ

Expected something different when I read "General Rock" as the genre, heh. The voice does sound nice, but the singing style is just not my cup of tea. It's what I hear when I turn on the radio... and when I hear it, I turn the radio off again, haha.

Anyway, the solo is very good. It fits perfectly to the atmosphere that is set during the first few seconds of this snippet. Too bad the snippet is so short, though, would've liked to hear more guitar work, heh.

Current Project Current Project

I tried recording a few things with my Rocksmith cable (plugged into a Boss GT-3 board) as well, but the quality just doesn't seem to be that great overall with this set-up.

Anyway, the riff itself is pretty cool and it's played in a very clean way, which is important when you play Rock music (nothing sounds worse than sloppy played riffs!). Maybe you could try to add a drum track to this, it might improve the piece a bit.

I like the effect you put on your guitar, it gives the whole thing a much "deeper" sound, as if there where two guitars playing at the same time.

Insomnimatic responds:

Thank you very much for the response and the stars! Woah, did not expect that.

Actually, there is no effect that makes it sound like there are two guitars. I made two different tracks, made one about 70% right, the other about 70% left and each of those are different recordings just played almost the same.

I will try to add a drum track to it when I am able to and I'm not sure when that will be. I'll make sure it's posted when I do.

Clarice Burnstein Intro Clarice Burnstein Intro

Things you should look into:

One of the shadows has to go. I'd say, the "first" shadow (the one, that is as big as the character). The other one, where we can see her a bit bigger in the background is ok. But two shadows is too much.

The character's name should not be hidden by the character. Especially, since the black shape at the bottom is in front of the characters legs, the name is in front of the black shape, but the letters are behind the characters legs? That doesn't work out.

The anatomy is a bit off. Her waist is too slim, especially since her hips seem to be quite big.

Things that I like:

The yellow/orange background looks good. It brings some colour into the image and the bright colours work really well here.

The bose Clarice strikes looks good to me. But I think the smoke should be coming from the other gun... but that's just a minor thing. The gun hin her left hand smoking is just as well.

The character itself looks interesting. Maybe a bit clichéd, but much more interesting than yet another "halo like" soldier, etc.

Overall, this piece needs more work, but you are on a good way.

KiwiSundae responds:

Thank you for your feedback. It's very much appreciated.

Celx Requin's Anamnesis Cover Celx Requin's Anamnesis Cover

It looks quite cool. At first I thought the image of the character was just mirrored, but then I noticed some minor details are different between the left and the right half.

Also, the background is very good. I like, how you notice more and more stuff the longer you look at it. Some of those lines seem to be pretty random at first, but then after a while you notice a pattern... and then, there's suddendly something you didn't even saw before. Very cool stuff.

Celx-Requin responds:

Thanks man!
- Celx

Jillian on the Ocean Jillian on the Ocean

A nice young lady sitting on a rock in the ocean. I wonder how she got there? The shoes she's wearing don't look like she could go rock climbing with them, heh.

Anyway, I like the clouds in the background. They look very realistic. Maybe it's because they are in fact real? It's hard to tell, and that's what I like. Nothing worse if you add a real picture to a drawing and then anybody can tell instantly that it is a real picture... anyway, the rest of the background is a bit lacking. I would like it better if we could see an island or maybe a beach in the background. This would also explain how the nice young lady could reach the rock with those shoes. ;)

DragonPunch responds:

Well, you do have a point...Perhaps some time in the future, I can work on another character in the same setting.